Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Waiting Game


It’s been more than a month since I posted anything. Honestly, I feel like I don’t have a whole lot to update you guys on right now… except that we’re in a holding pattern … which sucks.


It’s been a little over nine weeks since we got our referral of the three beauties, and since then we’ve updated some paperwork – including more FBI fingerprints as well as prints for CIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). Ken also made a bunch of flashcards so we can learn some Amharic and we also got our travel vaccines. Hep B, Hep A, Typhoid and Yellow Fever just to name a few. 


Let me tell you, after being jabbed through two IVF cycles, I wasn’t afraid of the shots at all. But I must admit the Yellow Fever one is less than pleasant. I felt it in my arm muscle for days. Of course, that pain is nothing compared to the agonizing mental anguish of waiting for a court date. 


And I am sure after we meet them, and hold them, and kiss their little faces – the wait for our Embassy appointment is going to feel like absolute torture


On a positive note, this time has allowed me to reach out to a triplet mom group on Facebook, which has been pretty amazing. I have received so many warm wishes as well as advice about everything from strollers to schedules. It’s so nice to have a support system of moms out there who know the ins and outs and the everyday CHAOS of parenting triplets.


So thank you to the “Triplet’s Mommies” on FB.


Stay tuned… I can feel news of our court date coming any day now. Fingers crossed!



3 comments:

  1. Hello! Just wanted to say, while I was picking up my twins, I met your triplets...beautiful! How blessed your family will be. Hoping you have a quick court and embassy. We brought our twins home 3.5 months after referral so things are moving quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZD-
      Wow!!! Did you meet them at Horizon House or another orphanage in Addis?? We haven't been told that they have been moved to HH yet. I would love to hear any details about them you could tell me!!!! Looking forward to hearing back from you!karlie

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm seeing Z's comments and I can totally connect you two on email. Will do that now! So exciting that the 3 got there as the 2 left. :) And that means I will get to meet the 3 when I return.

    Hang in there on the wait. It seems never-ending, doesn't it? But it does seem like you must be getting closer to that court date - especially if they've been moved to HH. From what we can tell, K was moved about a week before we heard of our court date. I'm not sure if there was any rhyme or reason to that, and the agency didn't tell us until after we got that court date. Frustrating. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete